Welp (as my brother used to say), it’s time for another round of Awesome, Helpful, and Inspiring Posts!
If you missed “Episode 1 (For Writers),” check it out here. If you missed others, you can check them one out here–they’re all about productivity, writing, and blogging! Each week, I’ll be combing through the RSS feeds, blogs, and news sites I frequent (read: “waste time on”) and link out to some great resources I’ve found.
These are all links to blogs and websites that I visit regularly, either in person or through my awesome Mac RSS reader (aptly named “Reeder”) and the apps from the great people at ReadItLater. I have culled these from the most obscure of places as well as the most popular websites alike, and each of these links has served a purpose for me–either helping to solve a problem, get something written in a gooder better way, or to just give me a little inspiration along the way.
I hope you enjoy these links as much as I have; be sure to visit each site and subscribe to their lists, as well as mine! Also, if you aren’t yet aware, I started up the mailing list again, so be sure to grab that sweet chunk of free stuff.Without further ado:
The Most Inspirational Content Ever for People Interested in Blogging
Section 1: General Blogging
Have a blog? Maybe? Not quite? Whether you’re a newbie or an expert, here are some AWESOME posts and articles that can take your blog to the next level:
- The 3 “R”s of Social Media – First, check out this post I wrote yesterday on using social media to build your platform.
- How I Wrote a $30,000 eBook (And You Can Too) - I love linking to Glen’s stuff, because it’s usually AMAZING. This one doesn’t fall short.
- Can You Make Money Blogging without Selling Your Soul? - Jeff Goins strikes again.
Section 2: Traffic
I wanted to include some links that have helped me get some traffic to my blogs:
- Traffic Generation for Writers: How to Get All the Traffic You Want - Every blog needs traffic–here’s how to get it.
- How To Get Over 50,000 Visits to Your Blog in the First Month - Corbett Barr is pretty awesome at teaching people how to grow blogs, and this post is a must-read.
- 5 Essential Qualities of Growing Your Blog Quickly in a Crowded Niche - Working in a competitive market-space? Read this post for some quick tips on how to survive.
Section 3: “Because There’s Supposed to Be a Section 3″
Annnndddd with section 3 I’ll drop some more general blogging posts that I think rock:
- 5 Ways to Use Google to Improve Your Search Engine Optimization - Go subscribe to SocialMediaExaminer.com right now. Go on, do it.
- How To Build A Community On Your Blog - Every site can benefit from growing and cultivating a healthy community–wait, you’ve never thought of it? Well…
- What Makes for a Good Blog? - 43Folders.com always cracks me up, and this post is spot-on.